About Home Loans and Housing-Related Assistance
Take stock of your options on the home front with VA home loan guaranty and housing-related assistance.
VA home loan programs may be used to obtain homes, condominiums, or manufactured homes; refinance an existing home loan; or install energy-saving improvements. VA offers these three main types of guaranteed home loan benefits: 1.) Purchase Loans, 2.) Cash-Out Refinance Loans, and 3.) Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans.
Learn more: Home Loans and Housing-Related Assistance
Resources for Veterans
- A Guide to Housing Benefits for Veterans - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers a variety of housing benefits to eligible veterans and service members, including mortgages that don’t require a down payment, housing grants for veterans with service-related disabilities and rental assistance for veterans in need. Whether you are a renter, plan to buy a home, or need housing assistance because of special circumstances such as disability, this guide can help you identify what type of help you may be able to get from the VA.
- Best VA Home Loans - A guide detailing the benefits of VA loans and how to qualify for them, as well as identifying the best options.
- The Complete Homebuying Guide for Veterans - If you’re a veteran and searching for a new home, you’ve come to the right place. The process of buying a home is unique for veterans, especially those looking to take out a VA loan. This article can also help guide you through the homebuying process with details about VA loans, state-specific veteran benefits, and home insurance for veterans.
- VA Home Loan: Here’s What You Need to Know - There are many benefits of using a VA Home Loan guaranty, but too often there is misleading information that can discourage veterans from using them. We will provide some basic information about housing benefits for veterans.
- VA Loan: In-depth Explanation of the VA loan Process - A VA loan (also known as a Veterans Administration (VA) home loan) is one of the most useful military benefits. If you qualify, you can buy or refinance a home mortgage with as little as $0 down, with great rates and financing up to $424,000. This webpage offers an in-depth explanation of the VA loan process, and instructions on how to submit an application.
- Veteran’s Guide to Saving on Housing Costs - This guide walks readers through the many ways they can save throughout home buying process (not just through the VA loan). Their writers have worked alongside veteran experts to get their take on how to save.